"Mythical Magic" wearable art wrap -

"Mythical Magic" wearable art wrap -
"Mythical Magic" wearable art wrap - Hand felted Merino wools, art yarn and hand dyed silk on iridescent silk chiffon

Friday, November 16, 2012

Having spent the last month working hard in the studio, I can finally get to posting a bit more about what I've been up to. The total inventory for the juried show I am in reached 21.  I made about 11 more new scarves and took some from inventory at Red Tree Gallery. Now just have to finish the beading on two of them, reprint all new hang tags with my new website address http://MonicaBennett.ca and photograph all the new and newly altered scarves for my records and to post here and in my website gallery.

Time is getting really short as I am off to Vancouver in a week to drop off all my work and display stands at the show for the set up. Still have to get at least one big wrap made for the ladies clothing store my work is in so I can deliver it while in town. I think I'll do a red one with a gold metallic yarn design on it.  Also, I have to make a scarf for myself.  The Artists' Reception for the show is on November 30th! Yikes.  I can't ever decide what colour to make for my own use. Last year, I made a red one as we were going to be in the big city with family for Christmas. I got it done just before we left so didn't get a photo of it.  My aunt bought it from me. She said she had to have it. Still don't have a photo so don't remember what it looks like.....Just completed a commissioned scarf with suns and moons in teal and olive green on black silk, with silk accents. Beautiful! (if I do say so myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment